Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Traditions!

As we prepare for our first Christmas, too far from family to visit, we are trying to begin some fun traditions. At camp, traditions define each camp, and as camp staffers, Andrew and I desire to create traditions that will define the Morris'. So, I was curious about family and/or Christmas traditions either you do with your family or have heard about. Or, you could get even more creative, and create a tradtion you think we should try! You know us, we are up for just about anything. All ideas will be taken into consideration and voted on! (By all registered voters of the Morris family) I would love to see your best shot, get creative, and give us some ideas to help make memories for this year and many more to come!
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Alexis and Brandon said...

Hey! I think you guys should consider doing "The Elf on the Shelf." I saw it online, in a magazine, and the ones I nanny for have it. Go to www.theelfontheshelf.com and check it out! Call me and I'll tell you more about it! I think something like this would be fun with the kids! Other than that, Brandon and I always eat "breakfast" on Christmas Eve (either at IHOP or at home)! Hope this helps some. Love you guys and I'll talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

I don't think my family's traditions are all that unique or creative, but my mom always lets us open one present the night before Christmas, and it's a new set of pajamas. Even though it's always pajamas, we're always surprised because we don't know what they'll look like. We read the story of the first Christmas, and then Sarah and I sleep in the same bed (we've been doing that since she was 2, and now she's 17). Nurse Elaine and her kids have a fun tradition that she told me about that you guys might like to use when the kids are a little older. Each year, she wraps all the presents and instead of putting a name on the gift tag, she assigns a sticker for each family member and puts stickers on the gift tag. Her kids spend the holidays trying to "crack the code" and find out which stickers belong to who, and which gifts are theirs. She gives them clues on Christmas morning so that they can figure out which presents belong to them.....I'll ask around and see if I can find any traditions that would be good for younger kids. Love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Lenora and I used to play monopoly all night long because we were too excited to go to sleep (we were in the same state and room then haha). When we got tired, usually Lenora first, we went to bed. While we played monopoly, we would cheat and give each other properties and money just because it was fun. I miss those days. Love you guys. :]