Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Allergy Update

Well, as most of you know, apparently Andrew and I have a most impressive genetic combination! Kimsey has very severe food, environmental, and medicine allergies. In fact, last week her allergist explained to me how she is in the top 1% of the most severe a person can be. He is reccomeding that we start her on allergy shots in a couple of months. We are asking for prayer as we consider doing this. It is a 3-5 year commitment, starting with weekly shots for the first year, and a full year before we begin to see improvement. I definately believe Kimsey can benefit from the shots, we just aren't sure if it's the right thing to do considering she is too young to understand what is going on. In the mean time, Joshua has shown signs of being allergic to milk and some medicine, too. Now, it looks like he is also allergic to soy. He is now on a very expensive formula to help us see if he does better without soy in his system. Please keep us in your prayers, that first our children will be healed of theses difficulties and secondly in the mean time giving Andrew and I wisdom on the best choices to make for our children. Thank you so much!

4 comments:

Bethany O'Bryant said...

Wow, Holy, I will totally be praying for. I have some info on all natural ways to help with allergies if you want some other alternatives, but I understand you want to do what is best. Know that we love ya'll and are praying for you!

Kelly said...

Holly...I'm so excited I found your blog. Well...actually Mary Catherine found it on Bethany's....ANYWAY! I'm so glad I get to keep up with my old roomie now! Your kids are beautiful...Kimsey looks like a mini you! Keep in touch. And hey...good luck with nursing school....I definitely know what that's like. Will you send me your e-mail address? Mine's kellyandcasey@hotmail.com. Thanks...ok I'll go now that I've written a book!

The Hartzog's said...

Hey Holly!! I found your blog on Tara's. I got your comment on my blog a long time ago and kept forgetting to go back and get your address off of it. It's great to see what's in the life of Holly :) Your kids are precious and I agree with Kelly, Kimsey is a little clone of you!! I'm so sorry to hear that ya'll are fighting allergy issues. I will say a special prayer for ya'll right now. I'll be checking in for updates.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimsey and Joshua! Nanna is just missing you today!! I can't wait to see you on Wednesday!
Hugs and kisses!! I love you my sunshine!